Sunday, March 21, 2010

President Obama's Peace Prize Speech as it Should Have Been
Originally Posted to firesofcreation.gaia.com on Dec 11th, 2009


I've had the domain Americatransformed.us for awhile and haven't had time to build my grand vision for it yet. ;-) I used it for awhile when I was campaigning for Obama. And now it seems appropriate for me to use it to present the vision of Obama that I had hoped was going to manifest and bring about real change; ending the Bush administration's bungled military campaigns.

This is Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech that I reworked a little bit to cut out justification for the war in Afghanistan. The rest of his original speech I thought was wonderful. But it is unknown what would happen if he gave this speech rather than the one originally delivered. Would the Military Industrial Complex make him their number 1 enemy? Would he alienate himself and Democrats from the GOP half of our nation? Just as junkies have to be weaned off of drugs gradually, perhaps Barack is seeking to gradually wean from war, those in our nation who are addicted and intoxicated by visions of further Middle East conquest. Unfortunately this is a naive hope in the face of new troop deployments to Afghanistan.  :-(

No comments: